TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New skirts for the lady to start off 2015
People Seeking Info

Subject New skirts for the lady to start off 2015

Posted by iceman601 on January 05, 2015 at 2:01 AM
  This message has been viewed 1057 times.

Message So I jumped on the Black Friday deal that Stillen had and picked up these skirts without the door filler. The fitment was good as expected from Stillen.
They did seem to mount better without the use of double side tape though.

Here it is being test fitted.

Pretty much zero gaps.

Once it was painted, it was time to get them on. Sanded the back side, and scuffed it too. Cleaned it with SEM Solve, great stuff and applied 3M adehesion
promoter before putting on the double sided tape.

3M double sided taped.

Tools for the job: Impact driver, black tap screws for the sides, course screws with washer for the underside CF......1911 is just for security, don't like
surprises when working with an open garage =P.

The skirts came with this hardware packet and paint prepping instructions that were not used for this install.

Z up on stands and rear wheels off as I needed to access the rear wheel wells. Also wiped down the inner door area and applied the 3M adhesion promoter to
all the contact areas.

I peeled back the double side tape only a little and used making tape to hold it to the other side, that way you can apply pressure and peel/press as you go.

2 screws on the rear side, these will be touched up in Aztec red soon. Also 2 screws in the front, one was the original hole for the mud flaps.

2 more screws through the pinch weld.

Also added a carbon fiber strip to the underside, same CF as the front splitter. Used double sided tape, along with 4 screws.

Nice upskirt pic for you guys =P.

Passenger side.

Wheels back on and down on the ground.

Close ups.

Photoshoot time =D.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.